Many people credit acupuncture for easing a wide range of pregnancy symptoms including heartburn, swelling in the legs, constipation, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica and more.
Here are some of the pregnancy symptoms acupuncture can help relieve:
- Morning Sickness: Many moms-to-be experience morning sickness. Acupuncture is known to reduce nausea and vomiting.
- Headaches: Pregnancy-induced headaches are a common complaint among moms-to-be and acupuncture is known to aid in relieving them. Acupuncture has also been proven to help relieve pregnancy-induced migraines.
- Lower Back Pain: One of the most common complaints of moms-to-be is lower back pain. Consistent acupuncture has been known to help decrease and even eliminate this type of pain.
- Emotional Health: Acupuncture during pregnancy can not only help with physical pain, but it can also contribute to improving emotional health. Many moms-to-be, while ecstatic and thrilled to be expecting, find their hormones out of whack and their emotions unusually volatile. Acupuncture, if used consistently, can help balance your hormones.
- Relaxation: Most moms-to-be continue working through their pregnancy and tend to carry extra stress, anxiety, and tension. Regular acupuncture can increase your relaxation and necessary rest time while decreasing your stress.
- Acne: As various hormones increase many moms-to-be find their acne growing as well. Acupuncture can balance out the chemicals and hormones and prevent or aid in acne.
A few other areas that can be benefited by acupuncture are allergies, nausea, hemorrhoids, insomnia, and when overdue.